I celebrated my 32nd birthday over the weekend. Strangely, this is the first birthday has sounded not quite old, but more adult-like to me. I welcomed thirty with open arms, and 31 was no big deal. Something about 32, though… It appears this “grown up” business is around for good.
Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, dig this chick (who also happens to be my employer), I decided to compile a list of thirty two of my favorite things right now.
A dream come true: like a complete dork, I convinced her to finally wear coordinating dresses with me.
1. Green tea with honey. (So much honey.)
2. How Sloane wraps her arms tightly around my neck every night, and makes me guess the magic word for her to let me go. I always take several minutes to guess the right word, even though it’s always “abracadabra”.
3. The way Roman smiles, bounces, and breathes excitedly if he’s excited about something you say to him.
4. Five p.m. every day week day, when my husband gets home and the energy in our house changes from Holy-Crap-We’re-All-Driving-Each-Other-Crazy to Holy-Crap-I-Am-So-Grateful-For-All-Of-These-People.
5. The way Mia (our corgi) smells when she’s sleepy.
6. Putting milkmaid braids in my hair.
7. Socks from Costco.
8. For the first time in my life, I can cook over-easy eggs.
9. Watching old episodes of 30 Rock in bed with Colin before we go to sleep every night.
10. Wearing lipstick.
12. My dreamy new job.
13. Dreaming about home improvements.
14. Carving out time, for the first time in a long time, for socialization without my kids.
Art on Tap: An art class held at various local venues. I attended a session at a winery with four of my favorite women on my birthday and had such a great time!
15. Roman’s genuine love for snuggling up and relaxing with those he loves.
16. Quinoa. In any shape or form.
17. How perfectly Roman fits on my hip.
18. My new wall-mounted jewelry box that Colin gave me for my birthday.
19. Reading to my kids.
20. Remembering to use my DSLR a bit more often than I have in the past.
21. Popcorn with coconut oil and nutritional yeast.
22. Pinot Noir.
23. Clean sheets.
24. Having the longest hair of my life.
25. Retiring nursing bras (which simultaneously breaks my heart).
26. Dreaming about who my kids will be when they’re big.
27. Getting to spend one-on-one time with each of my kids once in awhile.
28. The evenings when my husband and I say we’re going to watch a movie, but then we get to talking about life and kids and goals and dreams and before we know it, it’s past our bedtime.
29. Water. I drink a gallon a day. I seriously can’t get enough of the stuff.
30. Our new refrigerator. I sure hope that whoever came up with the idea to put the freezer on the bottom got a hefty raise.
31. How I Met Your Mother. We haven’t even watched the finale yet because I’m just not ready to say goodbye.
32. Listening to Sloane endlessly chatter on and on about things she’s excited about.